FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nikon D7100 vs D7200
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2015, 5:48 pm
ssullivan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by NTP9766
What's your budget? If you're okay with spending $1k on a D7200, I would actually recommend that you take a serious look at going with a full frame DSLR - the D610, in particular. It's close to that price point, and has a reputation for being a very good DSLR for the price. I started out with a D5200 myself, thinking it'd be all I'd need, but wound up upgrading to a D750 earlier this year. The difference between crop sensor and full frame is very evident. You'll save yourself a lot of money in the long run by going straight to full frame if you even think you'll one day do it by simply buying full frame lenses from the start.
Absolutely.

My D7000 was my first DSLR – I had tons of 35mm film SLR experience from years ago, but hadn't had a DSLR until my partner gave me one for Christmas in 2011. I really loved that camera, but after a few years was wishing I had a full frame body. I had acquired several full frame lenses, so once I did move to the D750, I didn't have to replace everything, but it would have been cheaper overall to go full frame from the start.