FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread
Old Sep 7, 2015, 11:06 pm
ExpertFlyer Voice
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Alfa_f
I did encounter point #3 and did the exact same thing!
Taking a flight soon after using EF and will be able to see how it compares! I am really hoping EF is correct this time around!
In what way? The ticket or physical seat availability now will not be the same as when you board the plane.

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
I can't speak about Emirates, but I use ExpertFlyer frequently for American and occasionally for other airlines. Basically, I subscribe to it and like it a lot, and it generally is correct if it shows upgrades or award seats available. But occasionally when I call AA the phone agent will find upgrade/award availability that hasn't shown up on EF.

A few other pieces of EF advice:

1. Occasionally if you look for availability from point A to point B and/or from B to C, you'll find it whereas looking for A to C (via B) doesn't show up at all. For instance, with AA I occasionally find that if I simply search for economy to business upgrades from SFO to LHR, it won't show availability even though LAX to LHR is available and should show up as part of the SFO-LHR search.
2. Conversely, even though EF correctly shows availability you might have to ask the phone agent to check A to B and B to C if she can't find A to B to C as one search.
That is married segment logic at work. That's why for AA upgrades specifically you must search 1 segment at a time, not your entire trip, or the AA reservation system won't return the correct upgrade class inventories. We recommend that in our Help pages here: http://www.expertflyer.com/popup/hel...s.html#notesAA