FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Hiroshima, Japan [Master Thread]
Old Sep 6, 2015, 9:06 pm
jpdx
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by phbl
Stayed WAY back here in the middle of the summer 2011-2012, it was something like a cat ii or iii and SUPER cheap on cash+points. Connected to the JR station, got beautiful suite as a plat, club lounge had amazing dinner and breakfast. Location was amazing for mostly everything that we did (long distanced day trips). I'd love to come back but now I'm seeing spg nights for 16k spg devluation or was i lucky to have this hotel 3 nights for less than 10k spg and $120?
The 16k Starpoint rate is the "high season" rate, which is a little puzzling because "high season" frequently coincides with revenue rates in the 14k yen range. IMO, the hotel is absurdly miscategorized, and extremely poor value on points most of the year ... basically, at the "standard" rate of 12k Starpoints, cash rates would have to be >25k yen to make it a redemption worth considering, and >35k yen to make it a great redemption. Do your own math for "high season" rates. I have three stays here this year (in Spring and Fall), with paid rates from 13k to 15k yen, which is less than the cash component of C&P.