FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)
Old Sep 2, 2015, 4:20 pm
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LukeO9
From my research so far ($500 induced), MH also has a significant fuel surcharge, but would be a saving c.f. BA...thanks for the advice.
Since the BA flight is after 8pm, I was thinking of ridding the UK Air Passenger Duty by taking a short, low-cost carrier flight from LBA to anywhere outside the UK and just connect via LHR.
There is no Surcharge for travel on MH. Only IB and BA have surcharges applied

How much would you really save once you have added the cost of an economy class flight - plus would then have the risks associated with separate tickets

Originally Posted by LukeO9
A saving can be made taking MH rather than BA, but the biggest saving is adding a European leg. So the major cost is the UK Air Passenger Duty.
From the north of England, I've already found a flight for less than $100....AND looking to get the MH flight (great info guv! Thanks.)
The BA surcharge is GBP154
The APD is GBP142

If flying to Europe saves both of these charges, then can get a reasonable saving

Not travelling BA out of London would save GBP154 and at a GBP142 APD, would not think it really worth the risks for the small saving on APD on its own

Last edited by Dave Noble; Sep 2, 2015 at 4:26 pm