FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:21 am
BigTravelSmallMoney

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Mlife Gold, IHG Platinum, SW for domestic, AA for international
Originally Posted by italdesign
@BigTravelSmallMoney, just want to make sure, you did get confirmation from the CBs that the CRs had been updated to reflect your dispute, before applying for CSP, right?

I also recently disputed to remove me as AU from a couple cards. I found the process painless - all done online with a few clicks. Didn't seem like it mattered whether you already got the free annual copy, but perhaps b/c I wasn't looking specifically. Interestingly TU completed it in 2 days (amazing), while EX still no communication after 8 days.
TransUnion processed all of my disputes within 2 days - I disputed them using CreditKarma's "Direct Dispute" process which worked really well.

For Equifax: I'm not sure why, but when I tried to submit a dispute without a credit report already the form just wouldn't work and we had already done our annual credit reports in December 2014. Luckily, I used this FCRA link for Equifax and used "Unemployed Free Credit File (not denied)" since my husband was currently unemployed, but he was also eligible for a free CR due to "Denied Credit, Insurance, Change in Credit Limit or Other Benefit" (from the CSP application) and since our retirement account agency was compromised recently (lucky us) we were also eligible for "Believe You May Be a Victim of Fraud Free Credit File (not denied)". After getting the Equifax report, we were able to dispute from that report. I disputed Equifax and they processed everything within 10-15 days - we got the notification immediately since we did it online.

Experian was a different animal: we weren't able to find an online form to get him his free credit report eligible from FCRA and they wouldn't allow him through the Dispute form process so we were stuck. Luckily, because of the compromise above, the agency was offering ProtectMyId and we were able to enroll my husband in ProtectMyId for free which gave him an Experian report and were able to dispute from there (although we had to call in the dispute). Because it wasn't online, though, we would've had to wait for the papers to come in. We waited 10-15 days for Experian to process the dispute to see if that was enough time but it obviously wasn't.

The Experian report was the only one that wasn't processed by the time we had applied to the CSP and apparently was the one Chase was looking at. But we were in a rush to get the card so I'm happy we were able to pressure the rep into giving us the card (FYI: all of the AU accounts we were disputed were Chase accounts, so they could have looked up in their system to confirm that he wasn't actually AU on those accounts anymore).