FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Eva business class using United miles
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:46 pm
krispykrme

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by grant2112
Just to be clear, you are booked in EVA fare class Y, B, or K, right? Otherwise you can't apply for a SAUA.

Seems like you are doing the right thing. As far as I think many of us have tried to ascertain, the "I" fare class means that both SAUA as well as an outright "purchase" of the biz class seat using miles is available. This is certainly what has been expressed to me by knowledgeable UA staff in the past.

You might be running into what others of us have recently run into as well: that EVA is marrying the segments of your ticket. Feels like when this happens, it might be impossible to apply SAUA to the TPAC segment. Of course, it could also be a UA IT error, but that's impossible to determine.

Since you weren't on the phone with UA when they spoke with EVA, I wouldn't necessarily take their response as gospel. Who knows how the situation was described, if there was a language barrier, etc.

Try to find out if your EVA ticket is married segments or not. If so, try to get EVA (not UA) to unmarry the segment. If you can get that done, then try the UA SAUA website again.

Good luck!
I believe this is indeed the case. My trip is from HKG to TPE to SFO. All in B class.

UA stated to them EVA said this is a linked itinary. Hence I can't just upgrade the TPAC alone. I said then upgrade to entire HKG-TPE-SFO. It still failed, even though both legs has I class available.

Regards