FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:46 pm
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by boris10475
Got the same "pending,30 days" response after applying for Hyatt card, did not call. Got auto approved for 5K limit 2 days later.
With some trepidation, since this is my first Chase app since the new protocol was put in place, I just applied for the 80K Marriott card.

For those keeping score, some 10 HPs in 6 months, probably 7 or 8 with EXP, 2 or 3 with TU. FICO runs from 785 to 825 depending on which source you consult and which CB they claim to check with. 6 figure income, @6 year history with Chase. Chase cards currently open: Freedom, UA, BA, IHG, with TCCL of $19K. Last Chase app was instantly approved for the UA card in March 2015.

For the first time in a while, I didn't get an instant approval, nor even a request to call in. I got this:

"Thanks for applying.

We need to review your application a little longer.

We'll let you know our decision in writing as soon as we can. If we approve your application, you'll receive your card in the mail in 7-10 business days. Please don't resubmit your application.

Thanks for choosing Marriott RewardsŪ Premier Credit Card ."

Called the automated line, which said they are considering my app, and they will let me know in 2 weeks, which according to the wiki is supposed to be a good sign. Better than reading tea leaves I guess.

It's my understanding I'm better off just waiting and not calling Recon, right?