FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:22 pm
yeaforme

Wanted to add a few data points.

1 - My wife applied for a CSP in early July. At the time her credit report was only showing 4 open accounts in the last two years, one of which was a store card from 22 months ago. She had 2 more accounts opened at the time, but they were recent enough that they weren't showing on the report yet, though one was a Chase UR card. She put me as an AU on the application. She didn't get auto approved and the letter that came a week later was a denial for too many open accounts. We didn't recon line it. I'm wondering if they were able to see the non-reported cards (traditional thinking here says 4 should have been ok) or if they came down harder with me as an AU (I have way too many open accounts)?

2 - I applied for a Marriott card at the end of July. At the time I had 10 open accounts in the last 2 years, including 2 personal (both opened since mid-April) and 1 business with Chase. Was auto-approved.

Both my wife and I have excellent credit - hers is even 20-30 points higher than mine.