FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:35 am
barschools

Programs: SW,SPG,Hyatt
Originally Posted by Denver Enzo
Question 1: Does the 5/24 rule include accounts that are currently closed? I have at least 7 Citi Exec cards that were opened but closed soon thereafter.

Question 2: Can the hard pull be saved from a declined app? Chase shows me prequalified for another Sapphire (over 24 months), but if I'm declined based on the 5/24 rule, can I apply the same day for a hotel or airline card and have the Experian pulls merged, thus still receiving a value for the hard pull?
I applied for both SW personal cards on the same day in January and was auto-approved for both with one hard pull. I applied for the Hyatt and IHG on the same day last week, approved for Hyatt and denied IHG, with one hard pull. You should be ok if you apply for both in the same day.

The only problem you may have would be if the Sapphire app goes to pending and you don't get an immediate decision. "We'll let you know in 7-10 business days" or something like that. If that happens you will need to call recon and get them to make a decision so you'll know if you should apply for another card.