FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dormant US airways account (and resulting loss of miles toward million-miler status)
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:51 am
weero

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by oenophilist
Two reasons. 1. I don't think it will make any difference, if anything it will provoke a more negative reaction. 2. It is vastly easier for me to just stop doing business with AA.
Fair point. It exclusively depends on how much you value the lounge privilege. And @ OneWorld that feature has real value and would make it SCC accessible to you.

But I'd try at least the letter before that, not just the call centre employee.
At a macro level, airline loyalty is almost unnecessary anymore. The value of elite status diminishes every cycle. There are tons of choices that you can make based on quality of the experience and service....
And reliability. Your and this reason is why I fly much much less StarAlliance than ever before. Avoiding the moods and internal quarrels of UA and LH spares me a lot of trouble.

Also the raise of true Premium Economy products made the more and more hopeless upgrade lottery from a terminally crappy E+ to a too-good Business entirely worthless to me.