FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do FA know if you booked in Z or J?
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2015, 12:10 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
They also know all the OpUps (there is a separate section on the manifest identifying those). Many FAs (pursers) also treat OpUps in a different category than the "true" revenue pax (i.e., those who paid or used upgrade instruments to get into J) and expect OpUps to "behave" (i.e., not be too high maintenance and demand everything under the sun). FAs may not admonish an OpUp like they would a Non-Rev if they saw "out-of-line" behavior but they would sure take notice and perhaps offer less-than-stellar service for the rest of the flight....
This is something that they typical OPUPed person wouldn't know, nor would they know that it would be better not to talk about the OPUP on board where paying premium cabin passengers can overhear. I wonder if pursers can add "not suitable for OPUP" comments like in the past (before FF upgrades) check in staff would mark some passengers as "suitable for upgrade" based on their appearance and demeanor.