FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do FA know if you booked in Z or J?
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:05 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by thiosk
Just a quick questions understanding the basics.. Do flight attendants (Delta FA to be more specific) know if you booked in Z, G, J or if it is an upgrade with miles and does it have a difference in your inflight experience? I am pretty sure when I first signed up to this forum that I saw somewhere that you shouldn't request refills if you are not asked while flying in discounted business as opposed to J. I don't know if it's true for real though and I don't know if it's even worth booking discounted business/first class. Any thoughts on this?
The "don't ask for refills" rule is for nonrevs--airline employees or friends and family essentially flying for free, almost always on a standby basis. They should also get the last choice of meals, etc.

Whether you purchased a business class ticket at any price, paid for an upgrade with miles of GUCs/RUCs/SWUs, or were given an OPUP, you're entitled to the same service and can ask for as many refills as you want (unless a FA has cut off your drinking, it's been determined that you're underage, etc.).