FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DOD / DODU (LFBU) Space-available, counter, kiosk, and online upgrade (master thd)
Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:08 am
flying_geek

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
AA international upgrade at check in?

So first of all - sorry for posting what must be a repeat question. I know I even commented on that topic myself before - but after searching for about 30 minutes I decided I am clearly not smart enough to find this again.

I am out of eVIPs and haven't requalified this year yet - and I am flying MIA-FRA this Thursday. I recall having seen paid upgrade offers when checking in online for like $300 when flying MIA-LHR a couple of times. I can't recall what those upgrades where called - but you would only get them I think at the Kiosk and on the app - maybe online.

Anyhow, the flight on Thursday is pretty empty up front - and I was wondering if AA still does those kind of upgrades - and if so - if there is any experience when to best get them (IE - right at the 24 hours or closer to departure).

Also, does anyone know what the minimum time for a miles + $ upgrade is - IE, could I see if I get offered a $300 check in upgrade online and if not, is there time to call AA and try to do miles+$?

Thanks - and sorry for not finding the answer myself. I am pretty sure I had seen it in the forum before