FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walmart shutting me down??? (Bluebird)
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2015, 8:30 pm
pyx44

Walmart shutting me down??? (Bluebird)

So, I have been doing the Bluebird thing for about a year now. It started at about $10,000 a month with my card and my wife's Bluebird card, and then went up to $20,000 a month when our daughter and her husband let me start earing them miles with their Bluebird card. I go to Walmart about twice a week to do loads throughout the month. Tonight, something happened that I don't know what to make of it. Hoping you guys can weigh in.

Usually I load $500 at a time at the registers, but tonight the lines were long so I just went to the Money Center. I Loaded one Bluebird card with $1,000 and split the payment in 2, paying with 2 gift cards ($500 each).

I then proceeded to stand in line at a register near the end of the store to load $500 more. However, as soon as I got to the register, a guy showed up from no where and stood next to the cashier. I worked at Target when I was younger, so based on my experience, I think he must have been an Asset Protection member. He was dressed in regular casual clothes and had no name tags. He started taking my photo with his phone, and didn't do a great job hiding it. I just carried on as usual, paid, and bought some groceries. I then went back to the same cashier and the AP guy was there again. I checked out, and it seemed kind of awkward. But, everything was normal.

I had told my wife that she could go wait in the car while I stand in line to pay. When I got back to the car, I had one more $500 gift card that needed to be loaded, so I told her to go inside to a cashier and load it. That's when things got more interesting. She said that when she was standing in line, she saw the AP guy and the casher go somewhere, and then came out together with a printed page. She couldn't see what was on the page, but she followed them, and they went to the Money Center and showed the employees, that were there when I loaded the 1st $1,000, the page and said something along the lines of "We've got him now".

I know for a fact that I am not doing anything illegal, and to them it might seem like it is money laundering. I live in a small town, so I doubt that there are any other MS's, if any.

Should this be something that I should worry about? I am just wondering what they are thinking that I am doing? They might think they have something big, in terms of laundering money, but I am afraid that they are going to be very disappointed if any other steps are taken. This is the only Walmart nearby (45 mins is the next one), so this will kill my MS if anything happens. There isn't even a target nearby. Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited by pyx44; Aug 23, 2015 at 9:11 pm