FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA award miles reinstatement / redeposit fees, issues, questions thru 30 Jun 2020
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:18 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by barnetda
Thats exactly the advice others here have given me . Basically to rebook even knowing that its almost certain that I wont take the flight but hope that it gets cancelled by the airline so i dont pay the fee.

thats not what I said, but isnt bad. I said just CX what you have w/o redepositing the tkt. So you will be holding PNR DDREWQ for a FC tkt to BKK w/o any specific dates attrributed to it and then you call back when you decide its OK to go. If however you dont want to go at all no matter what in the near future, then you have to find out if you could use that same now unassigned flight wise (only destination wise) tkt to fly elsewhere if yes then you fill in BKK with XXX if you cant then you will either have to redeposit it or fly it

what you have to hope for is CX to CX their flights all together and as things look that doesnt look like what will happen. Youd be better off if you staying in HKG and not just flying straight in and out since AA can say OK CX is out but JL is flying so we will put you on them.If you will be in HKG for a day or more then XXX-NRT-HKG-NRT-BKK isnt workable