FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA award miles reinstatement / redeposit fees, issues, questions thru 30 Jun 2020
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:51 am
barnetda

Programs: AA Gold . Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum.
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
It's actually pretty easy and simple. AA offered a travel waiver for Boston for changes, not cancellations.

Thailand has been boiling for a while (decades), but most recently dating back to the military coup d'etat in May 2014. While terrorism is nothing to joke about or to minimize, cases like this and Boston are usually the work of a single lone wolf individual or group, and not part of a larger campaign.

The same reason why I and many people didnt cancel flights to Boston after that bombing, is the same reason why I wouldnt cancel in Bangkok (and expect airlines to swallow the lost revenue).

I cant argue with your last point.

However i think the option i had of "rebooking the award flight" assuming availability actually ends up costing the airline more as i am effectively blocking a booking that i know i am not going to use .

As i have said i respect the views of the posters here and i am taking every comment into consideration as clearly i am in a minority.