FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA award miles reinstatement / redeposit fees, issues, questions thru 30 Jun 2020
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:47 am
barnetda

Programs: AA Gold . Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum.
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
This will sound callous but in todays age there is literally a terrorist attack of some kind somewhere in the world every single day. Airlines should not be responsible for waiving fees when they happen. Take out insurance or self insure. But why ask an airline to refund your miles without charge. how do you differentiate between a bombing in Bangkok or mass executions in Mexico or a car bomb in Pakistan?

Reality is one of the safest places in most cities is the exact spot of a past terrorist act. By human nature police and security forces put a higher level of security in place to be visible and reassure the public.

Fair comments.

In fact there was another attempt which fortunatly exploded underwater the following day in another tourist spot in Bangkok.

Just out of interest (i am not trying to be argumentative at all , believe me i am really interested in your view) why would AA implement a cancellation policy following the Boston tragedy but not in this case. As you say how do you differentiate ?