FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA award miles reinstatement / redeposit fees, issues, questions thru 30 Jun 2020
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:15 am
barnetda

Programs: AA Gold . Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum.
Originally Posted by JDiver
I think we understand your frustration and sympathize, but your recourse here is
1) appeal to a higher authority (Sean Bentel?) at AA by succinct snail mail, explaining you and your family were booked into the Grand Hyatt Erawan (co located with the Erawan shrine) and were unwilling to risk your family's well being - and that you feel AA should waive your redeposit fee (not restocking fee - use the terminology the airline staff uses) in this instance.

2) Act upon one of the choices that have been mentioned previously.

3) Let your frustration control your actions and do nothing, lose the miles and be left with a bad taste in your mouth.

My POV may be colored by my being a trained responder and surviving a terrorist bombing and some other close calls, but there you have it. You feel, I empathize, now what?
Firstly thank you very much for being a trained responder, i have the utmost respect for you and without people like you the world would be an even more dangerous place.

Its really hit my wife and I hard, if i was traveling alone i would not have cancelled but i cant put my wife and son at risk. The timing could have been so different and the location is so well known to us. We have probably spent 3 months of our lives at the Grand Hyatt in Bangkok and its like a second home to us.

My plan of action was to take advice here. I am clearly biased and its important for me to see "the other side" .

In this instance i believe when looking at the facts its unreasonable for AA to stick to their policy. As i said earlier how is this different from the tragedy in Boston .

I want to go down the route of option 1 . I dont know who Sean Bentel is , do you have an email address please. edit. i have seans address thanks.