FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA award miles reinstatement / redeposit fees, issues, questions thru 30 Jun 2020
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:06 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by barnetda
I appreciate your comments.

To be honest I have tremendous respect for the posters on flyertalk. They are all seasoned travelers, and really all i am doing is trying to get unbiased replies to see whether my frustration is valid or not.

All of the replies have made excellent points , i also believe my case is valid assuming AA look at the facts .
I think we understand your frustration and sympathize, but your recourse here is
1) appeal to a higher authority (Sean Bentel?) at AA by succinct snail mail, explaining you and your family were booked into the Grand Hyatt Erawan (co located with the Erawan shrine) and were unwilling to risk your family's well being - and that you feel AA should waive your redeposit fee (not restocking fee - use the terminology the airline staff uses) in this instance.

2) Act upon one of the choices that have been mentioned previously.

3) Let your frustration control your actions and do nothing, lose the miles and be left with a bad taste in your mouth.

My POV may be colored by my being a trained responder and surviving a terrorist bombing and some other close calls, but there you have it. You feel, I empathize, now what?