FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A glass of water?
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:40 am
UltraRant

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by nacho
Festis - that's basically sugar. I never let my kids drink it. Don't worry I have kids so I know they don't die of thirst for a 1 hour flight

Tap water tastes good - and most the bottled water are some sort of tap water anyway.

Mr. got his empty bottle with cap on confiscated at MMX once (he forgot to unscrew and put it somewhere), so it's better to play safe.
Having to have the bottle cap removed must be one of those very, very local European hand luggage safety rules. I never heard of it and never had ti deliver my bottle anywhere. Sometimes I had to say though that the bottle was empty and that empty bottles are allowed when a security agent proudly presents me the evidence of me being a potential water terrorist, but at least an empty bottle terrorist.

AMS also used to be a place with particular very, very local European rules. It was the only place in the world where everyone had to remove all cables for all hand luggage. Needless to say, no one (except very frequent visitors) are prepared for this, which made security a painfully slow and frustrating pastime. Add the arrogant attitude and amateurish performance of the 'professionals' and you can imagine that it wasn't the coziest place on earth, either. Fortunately things have improved a bit there.

Last edited by UltraRant; Aug 21, 2015 at 6:50 am