Wiki Posts
Search

A glass of water?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBG, BA Bronze, Thon Gold, Nordic Choice Silver
A glass of water?

So every time I fly with SAS, I ask for a glass of water becuase I'm not a big I'm not a big coffee or tea drinker. And every time, I get one :-)
But... I just did a GO return BGO-TRD over the weekend and on both legs, I was refused water and told to buy a bottle.
Anyone else having this experience? It's a bit strange that they can't even give a glass of water any more...
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
WOW, that is tough!

I vaguely remember hearing sonewhere (not necessary related to SAS, can't recall) that offering at least a cup of water is compulsory or dictated by regulations due to dehydration effect up in the air?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 5:43 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
I recently flew on route FRA-OSL in economy.The passenger near to me ordered a can of Coke. The flight attendant spilled of bit of Coke to him when she was handing it. The passenger then got the can for free
Old Apr 15, 2014, 5:45 am

its insane, this has happened to me before on short (1.5 hour) flights
Old Apr 15, 2014, 6:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
With the introduction of punishment class in 2005 even water was available against cash only. This was revised in 2011 or 12 to make coffee/tea/water free. So SK already managed to charge for water....
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
I've flown ARN-CPH-ARN (Go) and ARN-RNB-ARN (Plus) this month. No glasses of water anymore, just bottles, and no free H2O in Go. Short flights, but still not good. :-(
Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:56 am

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
Happened to me on a CPH-MUC (CRJ) last Sunday, but last Friday on MUC-CPH (319) they asked if I wanted to buy a bottle for 20kr or just a cup. I chose just a cup.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
A bit of OT but SK even managed to skip free non-alcoholic beverages during meals in TATL flight (IAD-CPH Apr. 9)!!!!!!! They offered people to pay for beverage before meal but nothing during the meal - not even a glass of water!
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:07 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by nacho
A bit of OT but SK even managed to skip free non-alcoholic beverages during meals in TATL flight (IAD-CPH Apr. 9)!!!!!!! They offered people to pay for beverage before meal but nothing during the meal - not even a glass of water!
I guess nothing should surprise me anymore, but Wow! I've experienced this on charter L/H, but never on scheduled flights!
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by timlno
on both legs, I was refused water and told to buy a bottle. It's a bit strange that they can't even give a glass of water any more...
There is an 8-page thread on this over on businessclass.se (in Swedish, of course). The consensus seems to be that SK still does offer free water by the glass in GO, but that lots of cabin crew refuse to serve it, either intentionally or through ignorance.

Johan
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Thumbs down

I was told I had to buy water on a flight from CPH-MAN (op'ed by Blue1). SAS has this image on flysas.com saying "coffee, tea or water free"
http://www.flysas.com/upload/Interna...in_teaser4.png
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:20 am

Never had an issue getting water but perhaps we should all keep a printout of the banner in the wallet
Old Apr 28, 2014, 9:13 am
lnz

Originally Posted by fassy
Never had an issue getting water but perhaps we should all keep a printout of the banner in the wallet
or: give them the feedback they understand, which is to not fly SK.

I often find myself setting meetings times in such a way that I am able to catch LH or LO flights instead of SK.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 3:28 pm

I'm not sure LH or LO are better choices... sure, you get a water but in many other regards I feel more welcome at SAS.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:00 am
lnz

Originally Posted by fassy
I'm not sure LH or LO are better choices... sure, you get a water but in many other regards I feel more welcome at SAS.
Well, I agree. It obviously depends on one's status and priorities on short-haul flights.

For me as LH SEN, LH and LO are better choices because they give me free drinks, 25% exec bonus and seat-blocking. While all *G get free drinks on LH and LO, I don't know about exec bonus and seat-blocking for *G.

Out of curiosity, what perks do you benefit of as EBG on short-haul flights that makes you choose SK over e.g. LH or LO?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.