FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA award miles reinstatement / redeposit fees, issues, questions thru 30 Jun 2020
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:13 am
barnetda

Programs: AA Gold . Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
There is a difference between asking and expecting The person did ask but seems to have had an expectation that the fee would be waived. When people choose to self insure , then they should expect that they will be hit by costs associated with them. Some people do choose to take out insurance for travel and this may be a situation where it would cover them

If a person chooses not to take coverage, why should that person expect the airline to take the risk?

The flight is still operating and there is nothing to stop the passenger travelling other than his own wishes.$150 is a fairly cheap cancellation penalty
All fair points but i think the issue is this .

If i had chosen to cancel due to bad weather or i was sick then I understand the policy and should have taken insurance.

In this instance there was a bomb (plus a 2nd one that by a miracle missed intend tourists ) that killed 24 people. The location was in a tourist area in the grounds of the hotel that i stay in.

When the Boston bombings tragically occurred , AA and other airlines introduced a waive cancellation policy .

How is this different ?