FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA award miles reinstatement / redeposit fees, issues, questions thru 30 Jun 2020
Old Aug 20, 2015, 8:27 pm
barnetda

Programs: AA Gold . Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum.
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"As for rebooking, its just not possible. We had decided on these 2 weeks many months ago and just cant arrange the additional time off later in the year. I doubt that there would be availability in F (award saver) even if we could .though."

Of course it's possible. You might or might not be able to actually make the trip in the future (maybe you'll both lose your jobs, maybe one of you will win the lottery), but you can certainly re-book now (if you can find F award space), and hope that future circumstances will allow you to re-deposit the miles for free.
I understand thanks. I know we cant make the trip in the next 6 months so i thought best to restock. Thanks for the advice though.

I guess i just felt naively that due to the circumstances the fee would be waived.

My son was flying to meet us from Sydney with Qantas and they offered all passengers free cancelation or changes.