FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dangers and annoyances at LIM / Lima Jorge Chavez Int'l. Airport
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:32 am
HasteFlier

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Well, you should never feel “completely safe”. Always need to take seasoned travellers precautions. Airports (anywhere) are the most dangerous for us 'cause we have all our stuff with us... and they know it.

As above, I have taken taxis to/from LIM hundreds of time in the last few years. Nary a problem. I too use street taxis because my “rule” is to avoid any standing taxi thinking they have too much tme to plan bad stuff. A driver dropping off a pax and taking you has no such plans. But I can assess the situation The taxi. The driver. The route. Tell him to get off his phone. Make a fake call to a friend quoting the taxi number (only have done this once).

LIM is no more or less dangerous than before when you were here. Stuff pops up and gets attention, until the next. But it is not something to be fearful, just careful.

And yes, even sometimes when it is very late I'll even take one of the standing airport taxis, but rarely. Even in a Taxi Green, it can have a random window smash with a spark plug on Av Faucett, but rarely.

Oh, the second lane is the pecking order of where taxi drivers can stand at LIM airport roads. First road has Callao taxis for the airport, the second roadway is for general Callao taxis. The street has all taxis.
You summarize much better than me Thanks ! ^^