FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend
Old Aug 16, 2015, 12:20 pm
Superorb

Originally Posted by benosufan
I submitted the request online through their website. It was a camping reservation fee I paid at a state park. It coded as "government services" or something like that. They didn't question me at all and sent me a message saying the miles would be redeemed.

My friend had issues calling in and talking to several different CSRs. It may be the type of transaction that is causing you to have trouble. His was related to Universal Studios tickets he had bought online through a website which he thought was a travel agent. Turns out the transaction was placed not through the travel agent's website but was routed through another website that coded as something other than what Barclays determines as "travel". So he had to eat the cost of the tickets and didn't end up using his miles.
Mine was Hong Kong Disney, obviously a theme park. I'll send them a SM and hope for the best.

ETA: What the hell, the category is AMUSEMENT PARKS, CIRCUSES, CARNIVALS, FORTUNE TELLERS. Shouldn't amusement parks qualify for redemption automatically?