FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which airline elite status is hardest to attain?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:12 am
burbuja0512

Programs: United 1K (Star Alliance Gold) IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by groundops
http://www.umbiumbiclub.com/

I am not sure about all programs but US$60,000 seems a heck of a lot of spend to attain top tier status on any airline, particuarly when you look at the benefits DT offers its elite.
I've already spent that much this year and will spend more in the coming months.

It's not that difficult if your company pays for business class. Luckily, my job requires that I go to different cities, but if your company had a lot of business in Angola, it would be different.

I sincerely believe that any company that's serious about their international business strategy should pay to keep their employees happy and well-rested.

...Well, I can see why start-ups or small businesses can't afford business class, but international efforts can cost millions, if they can't fork over the cash to pay for a decent plane ride, perhaps they need to re-evalute whether they're ready to go global.

Note: this opinion is coming from someone who has worked at a small company and a large company, with tons of int'l economy experience. It's just not worth the toll it takes on your body if you travel more than a few times a year.