Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Which airline elite status is hardest to attain?

Which airline elite status is hardest to attain?

Old Aug 13, 15, 3:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Madone59 View Post
No one has mentioned AA Concierge Key - not an easy get either - similar to UA GS.
I don't think CK is a status level -- I believe if you're a CK you're also an EXP, just with some additional benefits, but if you're a UA GS, you're a tier above a 1K.
Old Aug 13, 15, 4:11 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JamilD View Post
I don't think CK is a status level -- I believe if you're a CK you're also an EXP, just with some additional benefits, but if you're a UA GS, you're a tier above a 1K.
It's definitely something. From what I have read CK's are protected above EXP's in Irops and do receive special ground service and perks. It may not be as rewarding to have like GS or others but it is invitation only.
Old Aug 13, 15, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Asiana Club, Mileage Plan, Skywards, Flying Blue, HHonors
So we have UA GS, AA Concierge and LH Hon Circle, a couple of other mentions and then Umbi Gold as the rank outsider!

Suggestions please as to how we ascertain which is truly the hardest. How do we rate this?

My only criteria for an FF program to be included is that it must be published on that airline's website as a status open to me, you as well as any Tom, Dick or Harry!
Old Aug 13, 15, 5:42 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Gunner14 View Post
Is there a spend requirement for HON? I thought it was just 600k miles in a rolling 2 year period?
Might be easier if there was spend requirement.

Miles and More is quite stingy with earnings , not just from partners but even within the LH group

Plus, most Euro routes are short. So while e.g. rank and file American consultants can make top (published) tiers easily doing the weekly LA-NY shuttle, it'll take some serious transoceanic/intercontinental hauling in premium to make LH HON
Old Aug 13, 15, 10:03 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by groundops View Post
So we have UA GS, AA Concierge and LH Hon Circle, a couple of other mentions and then Umbi Gold as the rank outsider!

Suggestions please as to how we ascertain which is truly the hardest. How do we rate this?

My only criteria for an FF program to be included is that it must be published on that airline's website as a status open to me, you as well as any Tom, Dick or Harry!
SQ's Solitaire PPS. In Par with UA's GS.

Becoming a Solitaire PPS Club Member

Solitaire PPS Club membership will be yours when you accrue a cumulative PPS Value of S$250,000 within five consecutive years of PPS Club membership.

I think it is harder because for UA's GS some spent can go towards bookings in Economy, while for SQ all spend (min $50K/year) must be in C/F.

Plus, you can have GS after spending $50K in a single year, but for SQ - you need to wait 5 years and spend $250K to get it.

P.S. SQ's spend requirements are in Singapore dollars.
Old Aug 14, 15, 1:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
"UMBI UMBI (CicorniaAbdimi), its a very commun Angolan bird, that, in traditional belief, brings good news, aspire to fly higher and call other birds to fly with him."

I still hold Umbi Gold is hard to achieve. Flying on LH is a delight. UA is pleasant. DT is hell!
Isn't this the airline that had a 727 stolen? Just disappeared into thin air, never to be seen again. I'm pretty sure we have a thread on FT about it...or perhaps it was embedded in a thread about the MH 777...
Old Aug 14, 15, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Asiana Club, Mileage Plan, Skywards, Flying Blue, HHonors
Originally Posted by pinniped View Post
Isn't this the airline that had a 727 stolen? Just disappeared into thin air, never to be seen again. I'm pretty sure we have a thread on FT about it...or perhaps it was embedded in a thread about the MH 777...
Most certainly was!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_B..._disappearance

And still never recovered!
Old Aug 14, 15, 2:09 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Most certainly was!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_B..._disappearance

And still never recovered!
Another mystery of the world that we'll never know what happened.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: