FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:29 pm
aktchi

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by FT-hss
Question:
1) Would I be able to hold available QR seats up to ORD and then add an AA connection to PHX later?
You can certainly do this during the hold period.

2) Would I be able to confirm booking up to ORD and add an AA connection to PHX later when it is available without additional fees and mileage if I keep the same classes?
AS mentioned above, you can change anything during the hold period. Once you purchase the ticket, there will be a fee if the origin or destination changes, unless you are Executive Platinum.

...Would AA allow me to hold QR flights on 2 consecutive days for 5 day hold each so I can hope for some saver seats to trickle in on connecting flights from QRs US hubs to PHX?
I am not sure what you mean here. You can certainly hold different non-conflicting itineraries (ie, travel on different dates), for example October 1-9 and November 10-16. Each hold will be 5 days. During the hold period you can modify them for free. If the hold expires or is about to expire, you can try to renew but that is not guaranteed.