FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Easter 2016: 2 weeks based out of Melbourne....where else to visit??
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:17 am
bibbju

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Crocodile
You will be alone, other than in Melbourne?
Brisbane doesn't have much to offer, but the weather in March is pleasant - yes there can be a couple of rainy days, but generally speaking it is sunny and 30 degrees at that time of year (check out the actual weather for March 2015). The Sunshine Coast has plenty to offer, but you would need a car.

Hobart is okay, but the weather is alot colder than Brisbane. For four days it would be good. Maybe instead of Brisbane you could do Adelaide and Kangaroo Island? Have a look and see if it interests you. You could drive from Melbourne to Adelaide.
Thanks! I've now abandoned Brisbane.

Yes, I'm travelling alone.

I've actually extended my stay in Melbourne by a few days so I'm there for the F1 weekend. So I'm now thinking:

Arrive in Melbourne - 3 days there
Great Ocean Road- 3 days
Hobart - 5 days (Easter)
Back to Melbourne for 7 days (including F1 weekend) & leave

This seems like a more sensible plan given the amount of flying I'm doing to get to and from Aus. I want to enjoy my stay (and relax a little) rather than be permanently exhausted. I can always do the odd day trip or two from Melbourne in my last week if I find I'm going stir crazy.

So, now my only question is how to spend my 5 days in Tassie. I'm guessing it makes most sense to be based in Hobart and just do day trips from there rather than trying to split my base between Hobart and Launceston (or even Devonport)....does this seem sensible or is a split location feasible over 5 days???

I don't mind it being a bit chilly in Hobart. I'm English so it's normal ha ha. Actually, the first time I went to Melbourne it was in the middle of winter and I still loved it!