FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread
Old Aug 9, 2015, 9:24 am
WilcoRoger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
However today I find Finnair's one way pricing more punitive than anything.

Of course Finnair is allowed to charge what it wants, I'm just suggesting that if they priced one ways at a more reasonable rate, they could attract more customers whilst also reducing throwaway ticketing.
Add to this penalizing ex-HEL customers, both in s/h and l/h - pet peeve of mine.

At the end of the day I don't mind having to frequently visit e.g PRG or BUD if it means that I can fly longhauls (and by extension the s/h feeders) in the pointy end for the same money as otherwise in whY class ex-HEL.

But there's a risk in that for AY, because ex-BUD I have a bunch of other cheap options from OS, LH, BA, QR, TK, KL, whatnot - clearly shown that next time I fly to NRT it will be with TK, saving 400€ (compared to BUD-HEL-NRT!) and in the process requalifying for *G until 2019 (!) Interesting to see how TK performs - I flew them only BKK-SGN on their widebody, and that's a really short bounce.

The jury is still out on the upcoming bounce to TPE - via HEL or via IST is nearly exactly the same cost.

By the way positioning - a HEL-WAW-HEL I actually needed priced out 150€ more expensive than an open jaw HEL-WAW/BUD-HEL + WAW-HEL-BUD. So AY actually give me money for positioning to BUD so that I can fly C longhauls on the cheap.

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Aug 9, 2015 at 2:06 pm