FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "My Plane Space" seat divider
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2015, 10:21 am
Rebelyell

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
"My Plane Space" seat divider

I'm surprised I've never seen a product called "My Plane Space" mentioned on this site. I actually wanted to create something like this, and it is designed pretty much the way I had envisioned it.

The product slips over the armrest and can be used to give 100 percent of the armrest to one's neighbor. However, it has a "shield" that extends perpendicular to the armrest to prevent the neighbor from elbowing or otherwise infringing on one's space.

Unlike the "Knee Defender," this product doesn't "take" anything from anyone else. It just helps to ensure that each passenger stays within his or her allotted space. I've used the thick airline magazine pressed against an armrest or a laptop to force people with pushy elbows to stay off me, but the Plane Space divider certainly seems more effective.

Personally I think the airlines should be required to have something like this incorporated into their seat designs, perhaps making it so it could be disengaged for families sitting together. I will note that the photo on the website shows the product being used to give both armrests to the middle seat. I think this product is appropriate when an aisle or window passenger gives up their armrest, but it would be improper for a middle-seat passenger to unilaterally claim exclusive use of both armrests.

Have any of you used this product? What do you think of it. I happen to like it a lot, as I don't like strangers touching me.

Click here to go to the My Plane Space website.

Last edited by Rebelyell; Aug 7, 2015 at 10:22 am Reason: to add image