FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Difficult client
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 1999, 4:01 pm
hulagirl

Difficult client

I'm a part-time travel agent. This client paid $999 per person for guaranteed outside cabin with Holland America to Alaska. I wrote for an upgrade and the couple received a "C" cabin right below the mini-suites! His wife "fired" me because I didn't arrange for her NorthWest upgrade when they did not pay a qualifying fare, and didn't make up their mind until after ticketing -- paying a non-upgradable fare. I also booked a 2 for 1 Princess railroad trip to Denali. When she found out my boss wasn't going to give her a blow by blow itinerary, she called back and demanded one. (I typed her a 14 page itinerary which took 4 hours of my time.) They came home to Hawaii on Sept. 15 -- a $10,000 value for $3,000 including half price at the Sheraton Anchorage Smart rooms with Continental Breakfast and afternoon snacks for $150 per night. $3,00 for C level grade cabin, 3 nights at Sheraton and dome car & room for 2 at the Deanli Princess Lodge for 2 people total! Didn't hear from them since their return last week Wednesday. Booked their flight 2 weeks before their trip because the client bought insurance so if they didn't get a "good" cabin only after they found out their cabin assignment, they could cancel. Demanded a 2 seater. Wife constantly complianed that she would not go if she was on a lower deck outside cabin. I drove her husband to the airport (30 min. one way) even though she drives & got confirmed 2 seater even though the plane was sold out! (It was difficult for me to park & walk because I am crippled -- born with one hip.) Do you "expect" the best cabin for the discounted rate, 2 seaters for $300 trip and non-elite passengers, etc?
Do you expect your travel agent to call & follow up or would you call to thank me for all of my hours of time. She called 1 hour per day, and "fired" me when I was at work at my other job. I spent over 40 hours on her itinerary all together. Every year they booked, but cancelled. Want the best for the cheapest. They expect the best cabin for $999 7 day voyage on new Holland America ship which I got using pull since we sell a lot of cruises.

Thanks. Hope to hear from you.