FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airport info MELBOURNE (MEL) - amenities, transfers, transport
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:01 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrapollinax
My google skills are lacking or the information I am looking for isn't clearly spelled out for me to comprehend, so I'm going to ask here. Flying into LAX-MEL for business. My co-worker will be getting into MEL about 4 hours later. I was wondering if it is possible for me to go to the Qantas lounge after clearing customs to wait for my co worker to arrive?
No.
Are you flying QF business/first class, not that it makes a difference? OneWorld status?
There is no arrival lounge access at any Australian airport. Lounges are departure only.
International arrivals and international departures are physically separated. You can do international to international departure air side transit.
You do not need a domestic boarding pass to go through domestic security, and from there the QF domestic lounge

Question was asked a few days ago on the QF forum (in a different context). http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...e-arrival.html

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Aug 4, 2015 at 10:22 pm