Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using domestic lounge on arrival

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Question Using domestic lounge on arrival

So to confirm an AA Emerald arriving on a flight cannot use the domestic lounge? Only QF Emerald? Hoping to use the lounge at CNS on arrival.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question seems to be related to this post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...l#post25017981
Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Only way to get AA EXP based access the CNS Qantas club is if you have onward travel on a *O flight ...
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So to confirm an AA Emerald arriving on a flight cannot use the domestic lounge? Only QF Emerald? Hoping to use the lounge at CNS on arrival.
Insufficient information!

If inbound flight is international, and no outbound domestic flight on QF that day the answer is certainly no. You would not even get into the domestic terminal.

If you have an outbound domestic flight on QF that day and you are OW-Emerald (there is no such thing as AA-Emerald) then you would have access to QF domestic lounges (including business lounge if available).

If you have an outbound international flight on QF or a OW airline (assuming such exist) then I suspect you still would not be able to access the domestic terminal.

If you are arriving on a QF domestic flight with no ongoing flight that day, QF lounge rules state no access. I travel several times a year on QF domestic flights as a OW-Emerald and always go the QF Business Lounges before outbound flights.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer

If inbound flight is international, and no outbound domestic flight on QF that day the answer is certainly no. You would not even get into the domestic terminal.

If you have an outbound domestic flight on QF that day and you are OW-Emerald (there is no such thing as AA-Emerald) then you would have access to QF domestic lounges (including business lounge if available).

If you have an outbound international flight on QF or a OW airline (assuming such exist) then I suspect you still would not be able to access the domestic terminal.

If you are arriving on a QF domestic flight with no ongoing flight that day, QF lounge rules state no access. I travel several times a year on QF domestic flights as a OW-Emerald and always go the QF Business Lounges before outbound flights.
There's not insufficient information.

There is no *arrivals* access, there is only access upon departure++ which your post then goes on to describe in excellent detail.

(BTW: I don't think the OP would have any issue accessing the domestic terminal at CNS regardless of how they arrive ... they'd just walk through the front door!!)

++ Always with the ceveat that the admission process is followed by the book.

Regards,

BD
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a related post by SkyTeam777 here post 18 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...l#post25017981
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:37 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Correct, there is a special QF Platinum benefit which allows lounge access before and after a flight, whereas Oneworld lounge access is only before a flight for departure lounges (and after a flight for arrival lounges -- none exist in Oz). One of the few QFF Plat perks left (and watered down from the original anytime access). Make friends with a WP, they can guest in 2 people who aren't flying
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:44 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci

Not quite correct.

Dave

Last edited by DownUnderFlyer; Jun 24, 2015 at 11:40 pm
Old Jun 25, 2015, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver

The parts struck out and in red are incorrect.

In Australia, people do not need to be flying to pass through security to access airside at Domestic terminals.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Looking for confirmation here for a OW Emerald:

Day 1 - Arriving on an international flight in Melbourne flying in J - departing same day for Domestic - I will have access to domestic lounge.

Day 2 - No arriving flight - just a domestic flight - As a OW Emerald will I have any lounge access?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Looking for confirmation here for a OW Emerald:

Day 1 - Arriving on an international flight in Melbourne flying in J - departing same day for Domestic - I will have access to domestic lounge.

Day 2 - No arriving flight - just a domestic flight - As a OW Emerald will I have any lounge access?
Assuming that your domestic flights are on Qantas the answer is yes to both.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Yes both on Qantas - I'll be going Adelaide to Brisbane to Townsville. Will have a longer layover in Brisbane.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 2:45 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
You have departure lounge access to the J lounge prior to flight as OWE but no access upon arrival. QF Platinum has arrival access as a specific benefit over OWE. Very useful for charging phones upon arrival
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Originally Posted by number_6
You have departure lounge access to the J lounge prior to flight as OWE but no access upon arrival. QF Platinum has arrival access as a specific benefit over OWE. Very useful for charging phones upon arrival
These seem to conflict? When going Adelaide to Brisbane to Townsville on economy will I have access in Brisbane?
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by WiscAZ
These seem to conflict? When going Adelaide to Brisbane to Townsville on economy will I have access in Brisbane?
Yes, OWE gets you access in Adelaide and Brisbane.
What you won't have is arrival access in Townsville.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.