FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:07 pm
knowledgeispower

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by civicmon
Just got approved for the Chase BA Card (personal). In the last 24 months I've opened 5-6 new cards and had far more inquiries since I bought a house earlier this year and some of the inquiries were related to that.

On top of that, they gave me a huge credit line, far above any other card I have been instantly approved for. Since one of the contentious items is whether they approve when one's open credit lines are in excess of their annual income... here's a datapoint: Let's if I maxed all my credit cards, I'll be in slightly over 100% of my income.
Thanks for the data point and congrats! 5-6 new cards is not much and the inquiries don't appear to be an issue with Chase at the moment (not trying to downplay anything but just being realistic!) How many of those cards were in the last 6 months?

100% of your income with Chase or across all cards regardless of banks? For example with Chase I have roughly 55% of my income in credit lines but I have more than 150% across all my credit lines.