FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WORST thing that happened while on a trip?
Old Aug 13, 1999, 11:55 pm
dgolds

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
It was 1990, and I decided to take several days off after a business trip to Germany. My colleague Meryl and I went to Amsterdam. She had friends there with whom we spent one fun night, and the next night she wanted to spend some time alone with them.

So I decided to see a little of Amsterdam at night. I took a walk down what had been a very busy shopping street during the day. Very shortly into it, I realized that the street was deserted, and very shortly after that, I sensed a couple of guys coming up behind me.

One of them asked if I wanted to buy any drugs, to which I said no, thanks. Then he pulled out a knife and stuck it at my neck and told me to give him my wallet. I did so. They took whatever money was in the wallet out, started running in the other direction, and threw me back the wallet with credit cards and ID. Nice muggers

Lessons learned: I will never walk down a deserted street in a strange town again.