FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weird or Humorous Hotel stories
View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 1999, 5:29 am
Catman
Commander Catcop

Thanks for the explaination Baobab... I guess I am old enough (where's JAWS' Take on all of this...)

Another story is referred to me that happened to a female friend of mine...

It's the middle of the night, she is in NYC on business (Hotel name withheld by request) and she hears banging at the door. She looks through the peep hole and sees a man only dressed in boxer shorts, evidently drunk and saying "open the door, honey!" My friend kept saying he had the wrong room. Obviously she will NOT open the door.

SO she calls security and he keeps banging, saying "STop joking around, open the door!"

He keeps banging and she says "IF you come in I will wack you with this iron." He still was convinced it was his room. He said "What did I do? Open the door!" The language got steadily worse.

Security comes up and finds out the man wandered around the hotel looking for ice, somehow got on another floor and forget his room number. He eventually remembered his full name (He kept saying his first name for five minutes and refused to leave the stop saying "that's my **** name' and they kept saying "last name?")

It turned out the man had the right room but was one floor above where he was supposed to be.

My friend did not sleep the whole night and kept the iron with her at all times.

I told her if she wacked the man with the iron he would never forget his room number again.

Also: should you dress properly if you are going out for ice?