Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Weird or Humorous Hotel stories

Weird or Humorous Hotel stories

Old Jul 19, 1999, 3:44 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K 3MM
Last year at the Cambridge Hyatt I decided to take out the room service tray so that my roommate would not accidentally knock it over. As I put the tray out on the floor outside my door, I heard a "click". I had locked myself out of my room in my nightgown. And to make matters worse, I looked up and there was this guy standing in front of me staring at me and trying not to laugh! The only lucky thing was that I had put a sweatshirt on over my nightgown just minutes before since I was cold. I scurried down the hall and called for security to come and open the door for me. Unfortunately, the front desk informed me that security was busy with another "incident" and would be up as soon as possible. I ended up waiting outside my room for 30 minutes wishing that I wore longer nightgowns and trying to look normal as other people walked down the hall. Embarassing!!
Old Jul 19, 1999, 1:31 pm
In Memoriam

I once stayed at a hotel in Sacramento and the people next door were having a loud party which had spilled out onto their balcony. I couldn't outwait the party, so I gave up and went to sleep.

About 2 a.m. I woke up because I heard a noise. When I got up to investigate, the two chairs on MY balcony were missing and the party was still going strong. Someone next door had climbed onto my balcony and taken my chairs. Can you believe the nerve of some people?
Old Jul 20, 1999, 8:53 am
Original Member

HELP ME BABY!! by posting more good hotel stories.

That's for you, baobab.

Djlawman
Old Jul 20, 1999, 12:54 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I've often wondered why the walls of so many deluxe hotels are so paperthin! Sometimes things sound literally as if it is right in your own room!
Old Jul 21, 1999, 12:24 am
In Memoriam

Some years ago I checked into one of the Marriotts in Palm Springs for a convention, and decided to take a shower before dinner. While I was drying off, I heard the room door open; there stood another conventioneer who had been assigned my room! We decided I'd been there first, not to mention he had more clothes on, so he went back to the front desk and got a different room.

After dinner my (electronic) key wouldn't work - his check-in had negated my key's code, so now it was my turn to go to the front desk and explain the problem.

And although the front desk must have heard twice about their mistake, no free night, not even an apology...but after reading on this board, I'd know to squawk louder if it happened again!
Old Jul 21, 1999, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents
Tropical Flyer;
I've always had that fear of blocking the door with my foot and as I lean out and down to deposit the tray next to the door, it closes on me without my key. Yikes!
Seems to me that someone could have some real fun roaming the halls of major business Hotels with a Polaroid and catch some really humorous moments.

Travel Weary;
Must of been some of those ex-college kids who practiced the (deadly) sport of horizontal balcony transition at spring break keeping their skills up. Surprised they didn't ask to borrow your ice bucket and towels.

[This message has been edited by ontherun (edited 07-21-1999).]
Old Jul 21, 1999, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents
One that I haven't experienced, but enjoyed reading about a while back in USAToday Travel section.

Seems a gent had a wrinkled shirt and wanted to use the steam properties of the shower to smooth out the wrinkles. He turned on the shower and left the shirt hanging in the bathroom and proceeded to lie down on the bed to watch TV. Well he was really tired and fell asleep and awoke some hours later, shower still running.........he goes in to check the shirt and all of the wallpaper in the bathroom had steamed off the walls.

[This message has been edited by ontherun (edited 07-21-1999).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.