FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weird or Humorous Hotel stories
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 1999, 11:39 pm
ontherun

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents
Great stories! Here's a couple more. Checked into the Holiday Inn in E. Lansing,, Michigan was handed my key at the front desk. Went up to the room, got settled and went into the bathroom where I proceeded to wash my face, well as the sink was running I suddenly felt my socks getting all wet. The J pipe drain was missing and the water was pouring all on the floor. Called down to the desk and they were very apologetic and said they would bring up a key for a suite. So I got my stuff, grabbed my key went to the new room, put my stuff down by the door, opened it up and walked in on two entertwined feet......mumbled something as I raced out the door and down to the front desk, needless to say the the accomodations they provided for me at the Helmsley were very nice indeed.

A couple of years ago was staying at another HI in Dallas area during the very hot summer when I heard this banging coming from outside another room, this went on for a couple of more minutes and then I heard the door in the room next to me shut so I thought nothing of it. Next morning as I was getting ready I heard some more banging, both inside and outside the room next door. This went on for a good 20 minutes or so and then the phone rang. It was the front desk asking me if it was okay to unlock my connecting door to the room next door as the woman inside was locked in and couldn't unlock herself from inside and maintenace couldn't unlock her from outside. (seems the door frame had warped in the heat and when she banged her way in had sealed herself in the room) I said ok, opened the door and was greeted by a woman who looked very relieved at being left out.

Just this past February, was staying at a unnamed hotel in a midwestern city when I returned to my room on a Wednesday. As I opened the door to my room I found a pair of woman's underwear lying on the floor. To make a long story short, they were very apologetic, moved me to another room (had someone else used the room? Where did they come from? I'm not sure but didn't want to find out) and once again the stay was free. Also recieved an offer to stay at the hotel one weekend a year at no charge to me by the General Manager (his way of precluding a messy suit?, I'm not sure....)

Let's keep those stories coming.

[This message has been edited by ontherun (edited 07-17-1999).]