FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weird or Humorous Hotel stories
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 1999, 2:15 pm
knowitall

Sort of funny:
1-?Cross Country Inn - Columbus, Ohio- Reserve 2 nights, take my stuff with me after 1st nite, come back 2d nite and FIND 2 NEW PEOPLE IN ROOM.
2-?Courtyard Marriott - Cupertino, CA - Reserve 2 nights, take my stuff with me after 1st night, come back for 2d nite & FIND I'M ELECTRONICALLY LOCKED OUT OF ROOM, POUND ON DOOR & FIND 2 NEW PEOPLE IN ROOM.

Moral for 1 & 2 above: Leave something in the room so houskeeper doesn't report you as checked out.

3-Hyatt Deerfield Il - Join Goldpassport, show up late on Sat pm soaked from monsoons, ask for my suite upgrade, asked what type of upgrade I expected and requested PRESIDENTIAL SUITE; clerk calls over uniformed guy with "Security Director" badge, who says follow me & I figure I'm out of here; End up in PRES SUITE, $600+/nite for ?$69. Bill/Hillary & Al/Tipper eat your hearts out.

NOT FUNNY

Unnamed (on advice of counsel) prime property owned by unnamed (on advice of counsel) major operator -Sit down on chair to put rubber soled shoes on after showering, step on extra carpet in front of chair, sparks start flying, wires start flying barely missing me & companion. Seems that ?(un)handy person spliced some broken cord wires, but didn't do a good job or tape same & covered it up with carpet. In 2 minutes the manager, engineer, security director & maintenance mgr are in room at my request. Knowitall was not nice and refused to let them remove the lamp & cord; I call counsel who says to take pictures and give back the lamp. I refuse to give back the lamp. They post a guard at my door. I get hungry & order room service, but guard wouldn't let the food be delivered. About 3 hours later I notice guard is gone so we go to dining room. Upon returning notice that room had been entered against my wishes and evidence is gone. I make bigger stink next day at checkout. Haven't stayed there since, but beleive I wouldn't be posting here today were it not for the rubber soled shoes that day.