FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weird or Humorous Hotel stories
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 1999, 11:01 am
Catman
Commander Catcop

I think this one was a hoot so I'm giving it to you again:

Once upon a time, in my first trip to Hong Kong, the flight was in five hours late, I was fried so I went to the hotel, checked in, went to my room, stripped, flopped on the bed and was off earning double snoring points in
seconds.

Then early in the morning I in half sleep see this little shadow in a white dress running around the room, I sit up and it's this housekeeper who's probably no more
than 18 or 19. I screamed, she screamed, they brought security and she said "Oh you forgot to put the do not disturb sign on the door."

It's not nice to wake the CATMAN out of his beauty sleep. I can be a real tiger!

The other funny cases (which I have not experienced them) include people locking themselves out of their rooms, sometimes dressed with nothing more than a terrified look on their face. Or those people who sleepwalk out of their rooms and around the hotel. Hopefully with something on, but sometimes as they told me at the Algonquin none.

In fact, I was leaving the Algonquin at 4 am (to go to work) when it was part of the Westin family (which I think is a big big loss) when I go to the front desk to check out and they are telling me if I saw a naked man sleeping around the hotel. Seemed he slept walk out of his room and his wife was in a panic.

I said luckily I didn't because I would have slugged him for indecent exposure.