FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weird or Humorous Hotel stories
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 1999, 1:11 am
ontherun

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents
Weird or Humorous Hotel stories

I've had some unique and funny hotel experinces and I would like to hear some of those that others have had.

When I used to work for a German Auto company doing computer conversions, the conversion would occur over the weekend as to not bring the dealership down during the week. Well this one time in Cincinnati I was accompanied by a female co-worker. We arrived on a Friday afternoon and drove to the hotel in the rain, being a gentlman I offered to check us both in saving her from getting all wet. She handed me her credit card (we both had corporate AMex cards) and I checked us both in. We then proceeded to the clients site and converted the site, spending almost 24 hours on site. Well we arrived beat and exhausted on Saturday night
and went to our respective rooms across the hall from each other. Well the next morning I'm awakened by a knock on the door at a very early time in the morning. Well it's my co-worker in her robe telling me that my wife had called and had been connected to her room (we thought in error) and that she thought I should call her at home. Seems that when I checked in I had put both old style keys in my pocket and had given my key to her and I had her room. Well my wife had called Sunday, asked for me and they hooked her up to my room, my co-worker answered from a sound sleep and said that she must have the wrong room. Well my wife calls back and asks the front desk for my room again, whereupon my co-worker answers again figures it out this time who's calling and says that I'm not there at the moment and that she'll give me the message. Now at this time my wife still had not met my co-worker so had all kinds of pre-conceived notions and ideas already about her. Well needless to say that this took a considerable amount of explaining. All three of us have had a good laugh about it now, and my co-worker still jokes that she could have told my wife that I was in the shower and really sunk the marriage.