FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA miles awards: using / redeeming AA miles on Qantas (QF) & related (consolidated)
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:13 pm
Exec_Plat

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by FlyGuy24
A very positive update here from my AA award! Someone either at AA or QF took the awesome liberty from the schedule change I presume to change the flight to PHL-LAX-SYD-AKL on the A380 and then a perfect 90 min connection to Auckland in the afternoon instead of waiting 10 hours for the next flight out of Brisbane. I am just really pleasantly surprised really someone opened space in J on the A380 LAX-SYD flight on QF without me asking really as I was ready just to go into BNE and wait out the layover. I know QF is stingy on its award space especially the A380 so is this just plain lucky from the schedule change or something QF normally does in these situations where the schedule change causes the mis-connect that would have resulted in a lengthy wait.
I guess maybe they figure you played the lottery and won the first time...no need to force you to play it again?

I have some F space to SYD in mid march I need to drop. Anyone want it? PM quick