FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - your favourite made up rules.....
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:53 pm
Moonmonkey

Programs: BAEC Gold; IHG Plat; My Waitrose Card (Great for free coffee!)
Originally Posted by chris1979

1. at PTY security, before the actual x-ray screening, the lady tasked with doing little apart from telling people to only step forward to the x-ray one at the time (thus slowing down the flow), takes interest in a mini spray deodorant that I bought in the US (under 100 mls and it had made it through numerous other x-rays machines in various airports across the US). She pulls it out of my plastic bag, reads on the back, points to the "flammable" sign (she didn't speak English so we were communicating in different languages) and took it off me. I tried to explain in best charade-mode that it was deo, that it was absolutely fine, had flown through a lot of airports but to no avail. she then also pulls out my other UK mini deo sprays out and confiscates them all on the basis they also had 'flammable' signs on them. (those who know me will understand that this was most unsettling for me).
Had the same issue in PTY last week and lost my deodorant as well. The security lady was after anything that might have been an aerosol, and looked disappointed when she found my insect repellant was a pump spray.

The thing that really made me laugh was the second security screen at the AA gate by AA agents making a human conveyor belt