FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Coventry {GBR} (formerly Hilton)
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:01 am
RAPC

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by nacho
Any recent stay report? Thanks in advance!
Was there again last weekend. No upgrades showing on the app despite the hotel being at low occupancy for the stay. I called ahead an hour before check-in as we have a baby and I wanted to try to get a room away from others so she didn't cause anyone to have disturbed sleep. They upgraded us on the telephone and apologised that an upgrade hadn't been applied already.

Room was ready on arrival with breakfast vouchers and drinks vouchers for each night along with tickets to exit the car park. In the room were water, jelly beans and nuts, but no wine and chocolates unlike previous stays. This may be down to the late change of room though. The room was comfortable as normal, but the lack of AC (which seems to have been removed now) will be a bit of a problem on warmer days. It was warm when we stayed and the desk fan coped, but if it were hotter I think we may have struggled.

The bar and restaurant are much nicer after the refurbishment a little while back and the restaurant staff in particular were very helpful and looked after us and the little one.

It's still a solid property, especially when the prices are low and they do try to look after HHonors guests.