Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Coventry {GBR} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Coventry {GBR} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2004, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Coventry {GBR} (formerly Hilton)

Anyone been to Hilton Coventry? Any comments?
Old Feb 22, 2004, 4:16 am

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 1:
Anyone been to Hilton Coventry? Any comments?</font>
Assuming this is Coventry, UK, a lot in the last 6 months!

Even as Diamond I get nothing special most times and as an ex National hotel the rooms are pretty consistent with few special rooms but most are reasonably large for the UK.

Watch out for the lack of bedding in some rooms, noise from the road with the east wing rooms. Upgraded rooms are mainly on the 3rd with better amenties and perhaps a bath robe, the '4th Club floor' seem to be mainly to be standard rooms.

The aircon does not work, room heating is via electric panel heater and the hotel is situated a stones throw from a busy motorway next to an industrial park and leisure complex (cinema/pizzahut etc).

Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Any recent updates? Is there an Exec Club here?
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Definitely no lounge!
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:46 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
Any recent updates? Is there an Exec Club here?
I stayed there a while back (this year)..... it was typical Hilton, got deluxe room upgrade but room tired and worn.....nothing really bad.....was ok.....ok breakfast........ok gym/sauna.....slept ok....quiet, but was a sunday night.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
It's one of the older style Hiltons. Quite large as it is a conference venue and it is in reasonably good condition.

As a Diamond I got an upgrade to one of the larger deluxe rooms, with a wine, large bottles of water, chocolates and some snacks in the room. We were also given a couple of drinks vouchers at check-in. Breakfast was a normal Hilton spread.

Overall it was good for the money on a cheap weekend rate.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA S, AA G(1MM), Hilton D
Originally Posted by RAPC
It's one of the older style Hiltons. Quite large as it is a conference venue and it is in reasonably good condition.

As a Diamond I got an upgrade to one of the larger deluxe rooms, with a wine, large bottles of water, chocolates and some snacks in the room. We were also given a couple of drinks vouchers at check-in. Breakfast was a normal Hilton spread.

Overall it was good for the money on a cheap weekend rate.
+1

I'd report pretty much exact same experience, stayed twice in last 6 months, and both times got a good rate for a weekend night. Would only add that I thought the breakfast was the best of any of the UK Hiltons I've stayed in of late. Rooms were very comfortable and well cleaned/presented. Receptionist helped us by allowing early check-in.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:35 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
An update.

Lobby/ ground floor has been refurbished and is very nice. Lots of space, nicely done. The lounge/ restaurant is a new "concept"- found food to be reasonably priced and good. Service very good. Would definitely use again.

Diamond amenity was upgrade, drinks voucher per person, water/ snacks in room, bathrobes/ slippers. Top floor is business floor and rooms have been refurbished recently, third floor the Warwickshire floor where rooms are also refurbished (less recently) but nice. I think (but not 100% sure) the second floor has also been refurbished recently.

Overall a good stay. Parking Ł5 night. I felt staff were very friendly and helpful. Will return!
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:39 am
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Been about 15 months since I was last there. It might have looked really nice back in about 1980. A lot of light-colored oak and just dated overall look.

That said, service was always very good. The room was comfortable. Got a suite upgrade on a two-week stay the last time I was there. The restaurant was good for breakfast and the bar food not too bad either.

Easy walk across the street (well, have to hop a guardrail and 4 lanes of divided traffic) and there is a Nando's (YUM!), Frankie and Benny's, Pizza Hut, Burger King some Italian place, a Tesco and a movie theater. Oh, and a buffet place where the reviews I'd read online weren't the best.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:15 am

Parking is free for Diamonds, unless it has changed in the past few weeks. There are a couple of newer members of staff who aren't aware, but normally someone is on reception to correct them.

Top floor has been refurbished for quite some time (years) and some of the rooms are starting to get a bit worn. They may look a lot more fresh than some of the lower floor rooms though.

The lobby and restaurant area refurbishment is recent and has been done pretty well though. The restaurant in particular is a much nicer space for breakfast.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Hmm I queried the parking and they were quite adamant, I don't think I have ever received it free.... Was a good stay though anyway :-)

Last edited by Skimanant; Jan 27, 2015 at 6:33 am
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Any recent stay report? Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Any recent stay report? Thanks in advance!
Was there again last weekend. No upgrades showing on the app despite the hotel being at low occupancy for the stay. I called ahead an hour before check-in as we have a baby and I wanted to try to get a room away from others so she didn't cause anyone to have disturbed sleep. They upgraded us on the telephone and apologised that an upgrade hadn't been applied already.

Room was ready on arrival with breakfast vouchers and drinks vouchers for each night along with tickets to exit the car park. In the room were water, jelly beans and nuts, but no wine and chocolates unlike previous stays. This may be down to the late change of room though. The room was comfortable as normal, but the lack of AC (which seems to have been removed now) will be a bit of a problem on warmer days. It was warm when we stayed and the desk fan coped, but if it were hotter I think we may have struggled.

The bar and restaurant are much nicer after the refurbishment a little while back and the restaurant staff in particular were very helpful and looked after us and the little one.

It's still a solid property, especially when the prices are low and they do try to look after HHonors guests.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Thanks for the review! I'm HH Gold so I don't know what benefits I'll get at the hotel.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
Thanks for the review! I'm HH Gold so I don't know what benefits I'll get at the hotel.
I suspect it will pretty much be the same as Diamonds. Hopefully they treat you well though.

Have a good stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.