FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Better (cheaper) to cancel and rebook than change flight?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:33 pm
mckvakk

Programs: BA blue
Better (cheaper) to cancel and rebook than change flight?

Booked a trip to NYC earlier today, but after a while i started thinking that the timings for the return flight (BA112) were kind of bad. Early evening take off would mean that I wouldn't get any sleep at all in Y, which I would need for school the day after. So i wanted to change to my usual return flight, the BA0182, the only flight where I've been able to sleep in Y, and just take the day off.

MMB said a change would cost NOK 180 (£18) to change (which I'm okay with), plus the extra fees and charges that applied, seeing that the flights I wanted to change to costs exactly the same, one would think the small change fee would be the only added cost, but somehow they wanted an additional NOK1700 in fees and taxes after I select the flights??

My question then is, since I'm still within the 24hr grace period, and the flights costs the same if I were to book again, will they change it for me over the phone to avoid the hassle of cancelling and refunding, or is it better for me to just cancel and book again?