FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dallas For a Day and Night
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:33 pm
Paint Horse

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
If western/rodeo is what you're looking for, you should definitely do the stockyards in Fort Worth, and I would suggesting looking into staying in Fort Worth. Lots to do in downtown Fort Worth with Sundance Square, Bass Performance Hall, The Kimbell Art Museum, etc.
This is a good idea. Just let those Yankees in Dallas be. Most of them do not even know Dallas is in Texas. When my California Yankee brother used to drop by for a consulting job he had in town he used to stay at the Ashton.

http://www.theashtonhotel.com/

It is right in the middle of the action in downtown Fort Worth. I am sure with the heat the number of folks wandering around downtown will be reduced, but usually downtown Fort Worth is pretty active.

I do wonder about my ancestors. I sure am glad they moved to Texas. The story is they moved down here after the War of Northern Aggression. However, I still wonder why they didn't check the Weather Channel first? Did they not know how hot it can be. We are having a somewhat cool summer this year, but the other day I looked at the thermometer in the horse barn as I was working on something. It said 107 F.

Last edited by Paint Horse; Jul 28, 2015 at 3:41 pm