FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Rotterdam {NLD}
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:18 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Just made my first ever OLCI ! No point holding back as upgrade was already applied to my reservation by the Hilton

Just happened to make sense to this last weekend at Rotterdam Hilton for the weekend summer carnival. Hotel sold all rooms only as Deluxe OR High Floor Deluxe , no Execs, No J/Suite, No full Suite's were sold

The reason became apparent at physical checkin ... Lounge closed for the carnival weekend after guest issues last year. As such no Lounge to HHGs or suite upgrades but as an HHD (maybe the only HHD as didn't see others getting free bar either day) I was allowed sodas/coffes at bar during day plus beer/wine in evening (no spirits), very happy as not to worried about missing usual free nibbles

A day or so after booking Deluxe many months out, my tickbox upgrade showed as full Suite for euro=0. whilst eg lesser J-Suite tickbox would be 50Euro. My room type modded to Full a Suite 4days before arrival date so I did the OLCI as just one suite per floor and grabbed the highest floor left.

Also did really well in July 2014 , booked 2rooms as one for non status friend, modded to connecting J-S and Full Suite , but as we checked in independently with me the HHD second we ended up with 2x Full Suites

PS
Due to expected strong winds&rain the authorities cancelled carnival ... First time ever ... before I woke up 9am Saturday morning. It was cloudy and wet in Rotterdam but it was Amsterdam that the storm hit! Planes were landing sideways on Saturday and lots were cancelled