FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - letting the window seat deplane - what's the protocol....
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:25 am
soxfanndc

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
letting the window seat deplane - what's the protocol....

...b/c I almost lost a leg last night..... thanks dude!

so I like to sit in a window seat, I admit. Last night deplaning from DTW-BWI, I was in 2D. There were three rows of FC behind me. The nice gentleman in 2C handed me my luggage from the OHB and then cleared the aisle. I was the next one to "go", right? WRONG. the moron behind me nearly knocked me back into my seat attempting to brush past me. Had I not been holding on to the seat I truly would have fallen. Luckily, I was able to get my bag in the aisle and deplane before him and I don't think I delayed him for more then about 3 seconds before he needed to rush off to the brain surgery he was leading........ (it was 11:20PM, Sunday night)

what the heck? This has happened enough recently that I'm wondering, is it the expectation that those in the window should deplane last OR should deplaning happen by row number (unless one needs to "swim upstream" to retrieve their bag then it makes more sense to let others pass, first?) Thoughts?

and one final note, the flight was not delayed, we were supposed to get in at this time, in fact we were a bit early in case someone wonders if the moron was "making up lost time" or something............